Mentor in You (MIY)
The Mentor in You, affectionately known as “MIY” is a twelve month life-skills training program with coaching and Spiritual Truth Impartations. MIY was birthed by our visionary Co-Pastor Elena Robertson in 2012. The program is designed to disciple women ages 18 and up who desire to pursue God’s best for their lives. As mentees in this program, they are reminded that “mentorship is a “journey” and not a “sprint”. If you desire to uncover and discover the “hidden treasures within” through mentorship MIY is for you!
Overseer Patrice Maye
- What is the age requirement? Am I too old or too young? 18-up You are never to young or old to find a more excellent way to walk in the manifestation of the Kingdom of GOD!
- What’s the purpose of the program? CoPastor’s vision is to train the past, current and next generations of women to manifest the fullness of the Kingdom GOD!
- Do I have to be a part of Women’s Ministry? No
- Do I have to serve on Help’ Ministry? Yes
- How much does it cost? Investing your time and a willingness to receive the information and impartation with a mind set not just to hear but do! Also, a willingness to remain teachable, open, honest and accountable…
- How long is the program? 12 months, mentorship is a Journey and lifestyle. Remain teachable….
- Is there a program for men? Young Lions is a part of Youth Ministry.
- Will I have homework? Yes, it’s important to continue to meditate on what has been shared from the monthly sessions. Reading lists with book reports are required. We will re-visit the contents of the books and share practically and spiritually how we have been affected…
- Will I have time with CoPastor? Yes, as CoPastor’s schedule permits she will attend sessions and impart. She has been lead of Holy Spirit to have a team of women who have been trained to assist her vision of mentorship. This group of women is known as “The Steering Team”
What is the age requirement? Am I too old or too young?
What’s the purpose of the program?
Do I have to be a part of Women’s Ministry?
Do I have to serve on Help’ Ministry?
How long is the program?
Is there a program for men?
Will I have homework?
Will I have time with CoPastor?
How much does it cost?
The MIY program, from my prospective was essentially designed to provide us with several tools to help identify:
1. How God intended for our relationship with Him to be by making us aware of what God did through Jesus Christ
2. Secondly, the program exposes effective methods for developing a personal relationship with God.
3. It helps us to identify where we are in our walk with God
4. Strengths and weaknesses of where that relationship is now, and areas where work maybe required.
A significant benefit for me was that each mentee was assigned a mentor. The mentor was great for me because she provided me with the support, encouragement, and spiritual interaction that is so essential when you are attempting to be the best that you can in your walk with God.
This program has made me feel good about my present level in my walk with God, strengthen my faith in God through reinforcement of my belief system, expanded my spiritual support system by providing me with other sisters who have a heart after God. It has raised my awareness of the character, discipline, and determination that is so essential to be the best that you can be for God as a vessel for His use. I encourage women to consider applying for the Mentor in You Program. It has certainly been beneficial for me!
The Mentor in You program has been awesome thus far. Each month, during our sessions, something is always discussed that provokes my spirit. Through the coaching of Co-Pastor and the steering team, I’ve been able to see areas that I am great in, as well as areas that need improvement. In one particular session, we talked about developing the imagination and breaking mental limitations. I now find myself imagining and dreaming of the amazing places that God can take me, without limitation. And guess what? He can do even more than that!
Impact of the Mentor-in-You Program
I had never considered establishing a formal mentor or mentee relationship, however; my observation is that there’s still such an abundant need for women in leadership. I can honestly say that I see such godliness in my Co-Pastor that I was attracted to this program just to be able to sit at her feet. She is a tremendous example for anyone to glean from, both from afar as well as up close and personal. Co Pastor is much attuned to the Spirit of God and yet very practical. In all of our sessions I found that we could take what she shared and put it in place immediately. There’s so much to be caught from Co-Pastor.
Since becoming a part of MIY, I’ve begun to participate in two other ministries in leadership capacities, as a result of things my Co-Pastor saw and shared with me that I didn’t even see in myself. So in essence, this has unknowingly been preparation for me stepping into mentoring capacities. There is SO MUCH to be “caught” when you choose to sit, submit and glean from such an awesome woman of God and those that she has placed around her to assist in this ministry. I would encourage anyone to take advantage of such an AWESOME opportunity to participate in the Mentor-In-You Program.
Mentor in You is not a program but a journey. This journey can be likened to a circle, it is never ending. I was a 33/34 year old “Ruth” oblivious to the necessity and strength of the divine connection with “Naomi “until I was in her presence. Ruth 1:16 NLT states don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go I will go; …….Your people will be my people…Your God will be my God.
My pursuit to glean from Naomi placed a demand on her anointing thus activating an outpouring of wisdom. Ruth states in Chapter 3, verse 5 she will do everything Naomi says. This is my stance as the assignment on my life is far too great for unnecessary disobedience. Flowing in obedience has yielded an accelerated growth spurt in my life thus making many areas within and around me unrecognizable. Glory to God, My status has changed! The “suddenly” that I heard my “Naomi” minister about and have seen and am seeing manifest in her life is now overtaking my own! This journey is greater than me as someone else’s life depends on it. I am in position…What Next God!
Merriam-Webster dictionary defines “Journey” as: an act of traveling from one place to another. I would describe the 2016 MIY Program just as that a journey. What has made this experience most rewarding is the fact that with every journey, we sometimes believe we knew where were going and then realize we really had no clue. Well, the MIY program has taking me “In the Spirit” to places I had no idea they were attainable to me. This program was what I needed to focus in on what God was saying to me and has been saying to get me to His desired place in Him! God used Co-Pastor and the steering team to give each and every one of us the tools needed to have our Peter experience on the water. I now believe that yes, God bid me, I will come, I will go, I will say all for His Glory!